Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1/3 cup yellow polenta
1/2 cup whole meal flour
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 jar tomato relish
A handful baby rocket leaves
1. Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse.
2. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the corn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
6. Add cooked vegetables, egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
7. Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
8. Measure 1/3 cup of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, three minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
Poached Eggs, Method
9. Fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
10. Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
11. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
12. After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
13. Place poached eggs onto zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.
Recipe and images from Unbeatable.
There are three sides to every story.On October 10, 2012
Lee Holmes, Certified Holistic Health Coach, wholefoods chef and author of†Supercharged Food Eat Your Way To Health, is on a new mission to change the way we look and feel...On February 5, 2014
From jingle bells to wedding bells!On December 6, 2012
Yellow Dress Day, published in 2012, was Sophie's first published picture book. Since then she has illustrated Indigo Solves the Pzuzle and is currently working on a new picture book...On February 19, 2013
There has been much speculation surrounding the delay of Baz Luhrmannís The Great Gatsby. Vulture managed to catch up with Luhrmann for the inside scoop on the reason behind the...On August 17, 2012
The brilliant Richard Glover explains why reading matters. Watch this fabulous talk as Glover references Leo Tolstoy, the writer of great classic novels including War and Peace and personal favourite...On December 11, 2012